
Cole and I had our 2nd ultrasound Wednesday at 17 weeks and 3 days. The baby was moving around a lot and we were able to get good views of all the major anatomy despite her changing positions.
We were so excited to see our little baby moving her arms around and stretching her fingers, clasping her hands together, etc. It was incredible. I was sincerely surprised at how amazing it was to see. I guess I just expected to see the baby sleeping and not moving around much, so it was incredibly moving to watch live-action shots of what she is doing inside my belly (especially when I have felt only a few tiny flutters). I could have watched that screen ALL day. :)
And, if you haven't figured out already by the possessive pronouns, we were able to find out that our baby is a girl!! For the record, I have to admit that Cole was officially right and I was wrong in guessing the baby's gender! And those of you who voted in the poll were right as well! We are so thrilled and excited to be able to put a name and an idea to our baby and to start planning the nursery, shopping for clothes, etc.
Baby Gray's heartbeat was 147 and she measured right on target to keep her due date at September 13th. She was also 6 inches long and 7 ounces, which means she is eating great! I had been a bit worried about that because I haven't gained much weight and am just starting to show, so I wasn't sure I was eating enough for us both. I guess I am!
So, we're having a precious little girl and we couldn't be more excited about her! It is officially starting to sink in that I'm going to be a mommy! I'm not sure Cole realizes what he is in for with a household of women (including the puppy), but if any man can handle it, I know he can!!


No comments:
Post a Comment