Baby Gray

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy belated Thanksgiving!!



We celebrated Thanksgiving here in Birmingham because my parents are in Paris and Cole only had Thursday off work, so it would have been too much to travel all the way down to the Grays for just the day.  So, we had Nathan over and I made my first attempt at a real Thanksgiving meal.  In planning the meal, I quickly realized I had not paid NEAR enough attention to how my mom and others have prepared the meal in the past, so I looked at tons of recipes to get ideas.  Much to my surprise, the meal turned out great!  Here is what was on the menu:

- Herb-rubbed roast turkey
- Garlic & parmesan mashed potatoes
- Turkey stuffing with bacon, celery, & onion
- Bacon-wrapped green beans
- Sister Shubert rolls
- Apple cobbler

Cole made the green beans & the apple cobbler, and I made the rest.  I was especially pleased with the flavor of the turkey (though still not sure if I cooked the bird long enough!) and the stuffing.  Believe it or not, I have never tried stuffing before - it has always just looked strange and not very tasty to me - but I had to try my own attempt at it and it was delicious!  I was also thrilled that the stuffing turned out so well because that is my brother's favorite part of the meal.  All in all, a great success!

Unfortunately, I didn't get any good photos of the food itself, but here are a few of the guests!




Today I ventured out into the Black Friday shopping madness and picked up the most ADORABLE Christmas presents for our littlest nephew, Titus, and niece, Kate (arriving March 2009).  Let's just say I should not be allowed to venture into BabyGap EVER AGAIN!!!!  

1 comment:

TBG said...

Jen!!! I like your blog darlin! Thank you for letting me know about it... I will be a loyal reader :o) Glad Thanksgiving went well. Let's get together soon. I'm finished w/ exams next Thursday. xoxo