Baby Gray

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 10, 2008

Introducing Gracie...




So, Gracie has been a part of our family now for over two months, but I thought she should get an official introduction on the blog as well. For those of you who don't know, Cole and I have been wanting a puppy for a long time, but kept finding one reason or another (i.e. the expense, how often we travel, etc.) to put off getting one. Well, we saw some miniature dachshunds at a local pet store and just fell in love with the breed. We mentioned this to our neighbors at some point and, on the evening of September 8th, we heard a knock at the door. We opened it to find our neighbor with the sweetest (not to mention terrified) little puppy in his arms. Apparently, some friends of his had a litter of mini-dachshunds and needed to find good homes for some of the puppies, so he remembered that we were 'looking' for one and decided to give it a try. Needless to say, we couldn't turn her down and she is now our beloved Gracie!


I will never forget the first days with her when she was so scared and just wanted to be held (she was weaned from her mother too young). At three months old, she is still quite the cuddler, and I love it!  If Cole ever leaves a pair of shoes or a sweater on the floor while he is out, she curls up next to it and lays there the whole day. I guess that makes her a daddy's girl, huh?!  

Gracie suffers from a chronic greeting disorder that manifests itself as follows:  I leave the room for ten, maybe twelve seconds.  Upon reentering, Gracie welcomes me with a level of enthusiasm usually reserved for much more momentous of occasions - a one-dog mariachi band of pure, unmitigated joy.  There's something to be said for a bit of good old-fashioned, un-complicated affection, even when it comes from a shedding, slightly incontinent three-month-old dachshund.



No comments: